Winter in Bohemia Welcome Winter Telegrams Questions and Suggestions

09-09-2017
10:28 AM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Sandra currently the schemes will be staying as they are. I know it's a big change and that no one likes change but honestly once you get used to it I think this scheme is much easier to read from. I'm not sure why you have to lean back to read everything, the point of the scheme is that it should fit perfectly now so you don't need to struggle with reading. It's much easier to look at the board on your phone as well. Maybe you could send us a screencap, maybe how you see the board is different to how we do?

eta: I don't know if it's useful to you Sandra but contributors also have an option to get a custom scheme made for them as well. Would certain colours and the such make it easier for you to see the schemes?

09-09-2017 10:28 AM      
09-09-2017
10:30 AM
let's be reckless, unaffected
Name: Sandra
Pronouns: She/her
Contributor
I like it on my phone, severely dislike it on my computer because I hate having to read massively wide blocks of text on the main page. But I guess I'll have to deal. At least it adjusts to the size of the window and I can choose to not go full screen. That works!

09-09-2017 10:30 AM   
09-09-2017
10:39 AM
i'm stupid...
Name: mel
Pronouns: she/they
Contributor
High Lady
^ That's the beauty of these new schemes, they're all 100% adaptable to what size resolution/device you're using. We're not using fixed widths anymore and Chrissie has done a lot of work to make them user friendly for everyone.

Lando, I said we can be world champions!
09-09-2017 10:39 AM   
09-09-2017
10:41 AM
let's be reckless, unaffected
Name: Sandra
Pronouns: She/her
Contributor
While I'm at it, what is notes? It says I have 0 new messages and 1 new note since my last visit. Can I see notes? Is it a staff thing? I'm confused. XD

09-09-2017 10:41 AM   
09-09-2017
10:43 AM
stargazer lillies
Name: Bonnie
I was trying to upload an image for Luca in SvB, and I got this message:

Meraviglioso, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
And I know it might sound silly
But stargazer lilies are hard to find
09-09-2017 10:43 AM   
09-09-2017
10:48 AM
f*ckin' perfect
Name: Chrissie
Contributor
Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Kaz Brekker

I like it on my phone, severely dislike it on my computer because I hate having to read massively wide blocks of text on the main page. But I guess I'll have to deal. At least it adjusts to the size of the window and I can choose to not go full screen. That works!
How about you dont make browser full screen width? You can actually, by reducing its width, trigger the mobile layout on the laptop... I keep doing "full size > small size > full size" on the laptop when I look at the layout and do work with it :-p (certainly much simpler than always looking at the phone, then comp, then phone :-p)

Originally Posted by Targaryen

Please tell me to be quiet and sit down...I was wondering if with the changes to the board taking place soon, if we can get the signatures/banners pushed to the bottom of the post box?

I understand if it's been done for a reason, just looks a little unusual to have text/images floating halfway.
Actually not at this point, no. The post layout is purely divs now and making anything properly stick to the bottom with how it's currently done is hard. It's on my list for some time in the future just cuz I'm a friggin perfectionist. But nothing that has priority. I'd prefer having it stick to the bottom as well, but there's some tricky arrangements in the coding of the current postbit to make it look like it does and work on the phone as well as on the bigger screens. Since it works (and didn't actually stick to the bottom on MS either) it's just not something I find really needs to be done right now.

I'm against having emotions, not against using them.
09-09-2017 10:48 AM      
09-09-2017
10:49 AM
i'm stupid...
Name: mel
Pronouns: she/they
Contributor
High Lady

While I'm at it, what is notes? It says I have 0 new messages and 1 new note since my last visit. Can I see notes? Is it a staff thing? I'm confused. XD
If you go into the RPG tab, and manage characters you can click on your notes on the right hand side.

I was trying to upload an image for Luca in SvB, and I got this message:

Meraviglioso, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Sorry, Bonnie! It should be set to the right thing now. Please try again!

Lando, I said we can be world champions!
09-09-2017 10:49 AM   
09-09-2017
10:51 AM
f*ckin' perfect
Name: Chrissie
Contributor
Royal Guard

Notes is basically a native messaging system built for the RPG Bios. YOu could basically take over a char from another player and get their complete bunch of notes with it. Also, all RPG Managers can see the notes for their rpgs / characters, so this is to ensure someone getting to your concerns fast / faster than when sending it to a single person through PMs.

Head over to Your Biography Page and you should find the "View Notes" links there.

ETA: Mel was faster

I'm against having emotions, not against using them.
09-09-2017 10:51 AM      
09-09-2017
10:51 AM
stargazer lillies
Name: Bonnie
Originally Posted by Giselle

Sorry, Bonnie! It should be set to the right thing now. Please try again!
Thank you, it works now!
And I know it might sound silly
But stargazer lilies are hard to find
09-09-2017 10:51 AM   
09-09-2017
11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Imzadi

Actually not at this point, no. The post layout is purely divs now and making anything properly stick to the bottom with how it's currently done is hard. It's on my list for some time in the future just cuz I'm a friggin perfectionist. But nothing that has priority. I'd prefer having it stick to the bottom as well, but there's some tricky arrangements in the coding of the current postbit to make it look like it does and work on the phone as well as on the bigger screens. Since it works (and didn't actually stick to the bottom on MS either) it's just not something I find really needs to be done right now.
That's understandable, I appreciate you and Vicky replying though, loving that the RPG hack has come to WiB and congrats on your staff promotion Chrissie.
09-09-2017 11:38 AM