Winter in Bohemia Welcome Winter Telegrams Technical Issues

13-08-2017
09:00 AM
handsome royal heretic
Name: Sarah
Pronouns: she/her
Contributor
Royal Court
If anyone had been wondering (like I have for literally like 8 hours), the button for 'View New Posts' is up on the left of the top of the main forum page - Exhibit A. We're going to look into making it bigger so that it's a little more obvious.

Otherwise, posts for the last 24 hours can be found on the top right, under Options > Today's Posts.
13-08-2017 09:00 AM   
13-08-2017
10:53 PM
embers in the dark
Name: Heidi
Contributor
I just noticed that the option to have the newest posts show first is gone. Was that taken away cause I've always had newest post show first when I enter a thread. I would like it back if it was taken away.

cause i'm feeling like a criminal and i need to be redeemed
13-08-2017 10:53 PM   
13-08-2017
11:08 PM
braving those angry skies
Name: mel
Pronouns: she/they
Contributor
High Lady
Is this in the new style scheme? If so, is this the option you mean?

If so, it only shows up the first time you enter the thread.

If not, would you be able to screen cap on and old style theme which part you mean? Chrissie won't be back until next week so we won't be able to check a few of these issues with her until then.
13-08-2017 11:08 PM   
14-08-2017
01:12 AM
embers in the dark
Name: Heidi
Contributor
It's under options, thread display modes, here is a screenshot

https://i.imgbox.com/secIwH4j.png

It was on the new schemes yesterday and then today it was gone.

cause i'm feeling like a criminal and i need to be redeemed
14-08-2017 01:12 AM   
14-08-2017
07:56 AM
f*ckin' perfect
Name: Chrissie
Contributor
Royal Guard
Hi all. Just quickly dropping in to say how excited I am to see the scheme come live. It is a work in progress and I'm ready to build / rebuild and adjust to make this what WiB needs.. Feedback rocks, any kind. I know it's a drastic change. Heck, I remember when I first saw the scheme I ... well, it took time getting used to. Especially the larger fonts when you're used to the good old "vb2 / smallfont" look.

The plan is to make browsing esp. on the phone a lot easier. The scheme adjusts to the size of the browser. Some things still have a few kinks and bugs in them, and I'll be working through them as we go along. Also ... certain functionality is simply gone from this scheme. Why? Because it was built with the plan to de-clutter. I get the opinion here might vary right now because things are in different places and that takes time getting used to.

I will be fixing a few things. This means fonts might suddenly change, colours might temporarily be off. If something looks weird / wrong, please do report it. Thanks in advance for everyone helping!

On the thread icon ... I could see about switching the av out for an icon. I'll be fiddling with things So yes, please keep the ideas coming.
14-08-2017 07:56 AM   
20-08-2017
06:40 AM
baby, come be my starlight
Name: Vicki
Contributor
I don't think I'd noticed before, but I'm dropping into say the user cp and profile redesign is GORGEOUS. it's so much cleaner and easier to navigate through now. I'm a big fan of that part thank you for your hard work chrissie!!

five stars every time that you come through
20-08-2017 06:40 AM   
25-08-2017
09:11 PM
I don't think this has already been mentioned, and it's something I only just noticed. (And maybe it's just because I'm on my phone?) In the postbits on the new schemes, our names aren't listed anywhere. Just usernames. Idk if that was intentional or not, but I find having our names visible helps when 2 people have similar sets, unless they have usernames that are easily associated with them. If that makes sense?
25-08-2017 09:11 PM   
25-08-2017
09:32 PM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Shadow if you click the username when you're on the phone it comes up with a mini profile that shows the name

25-08-2017 09:32 PM   
25-08-2017
09:39 PM
OH! Awesome, thank you!
25-08-2017 09:39 PM   
29-08-2017
04:20 PM
baby, come be my starlight
Name: Vicki
Contributor
Me again *hides*

Is there a possibility to have the View New Posts on the index switched to View Today's Posts? I personally prefer the today's posts option because due to cookies if I view on my phone then my laptop it can mark them as read so I don't see them. I dunno if I'm the only one though!

five stars every time that you come through
29-08-2017 04:20 PM