28-08-2017
04:26 PM
You're a Miracle
Name: Dylan
Contributor
Hi! [Post #1]
Keep it short and simple, right?

I'm Dylan. I'm twenty seven and I've been roleplaying for waaaay too long. Over ten years, at least. I pretty much just play guys, and I'm always down for a good old fashioned M/M pairing. I'm from the United States, in Missouri. I work in the healthcare field as a Direct Care Staff / L1MA (Level 1 Med Aide) in a group home for guys with psychiatric conditions. I have a set schedule Thursday through Sunday, which is great. The guys I work with are amazing and I love getting to work with them. It can be really rewarding. I'm in recovery. I'll be celebrating two years clean in September which is really exciting for me. I'm not that interesting. I'm kind of a loner and keep to myself, as it keeps me out of trouble. When I'm not working, I'm at home. So I tend to spend a lot of time online, and I used to use that time rping. I'd like to do that again.

I love music. I'm pretty much almost always listening to something. I'm a huge fan of stuff on the alternative spectrum, especially pop punk, but honestly I'm down to give just about anything a chance. I have no shame about listening to pop music. Right now I've been listening to a lot of Charli XCX lately, and PVRIS' new album was awesome too. I love using musician FCs, and this is probably why. I'm more 'up' on music than I am TV and stuff.

I watch some TV, but not really as much as I used too—Game of Thrones is a big one I watch (the books are better, tbh.), and I'm also a huge fan of Law & Order: SVU and Chicago PD... I kinda quit watching them both last year when I started working though. I might try and get back into them when they start back up in September, but I've kinda been converted into the Netflix Brigade so I don't mess with live TV much. I'm really excited for the second season of The Crown. I'm a giant history nerd!

I kinda stumbled upon this place by accident, but I'm actually kind of glad I did! I joined the other night but I've been busy with work so I haven't really gotten to poke around. Not to mention I was a little anxious about it, ha. I was (briefly) a member of House of Madness, back when it first opened so some of you might vaguely remember me, but if you don't that's totally cool!

This ended up being not short and not simple at all. Oh well!

I'm basically open to just about anything and everything when it comes to plotting, so if I sound like someone you'd like to write with, then I'd love to give it a shot! We can figure it out from there?
28-08-2017 04:26 PM   
28-08-2017
04:33 PM
extramarital soy sauce
Name: Lindsey Stan
Pronouns: she/her
Contributor
I love SVU and Chicago PD as well, though I've not watched SVU in a little while, but I think I'll probably start watching again. But Chicago PD I've continued to watch. I love Chicago Fire and Med as well. Don't know if you've ever watched those.

Anyway welcome to the boards, I'm Lindsey, and if you need anything or want to plot or whatever let me know.

'' I don't agree with extramarital soy sauce, ''
28-08-2017 04:33 PM   
28-08-2017
04:42 PM
let's be reckless, unaffected
Name: Sandra
Pronouns: She/her
Contributor
I remember you! Hi! I'm Sandra. The Swedish one.

28-08-2017 04:42 PM   
28-08-2017
04:46 PM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Hi there Dylan! Glad you managed to stumble across us and I hope you make yourself at home

28-08-2017 04:46 PM   
28-08-2017
04:52 PM
braving those angry skies
Name: mel
Pronouns: she/they
Contributor
High Lady
First of all, congratulations on your sobriety. That can't have been an easy journey but your hard work is so admirable. (You're also very correct about Game of Thrones, the books are so much better)

Welcome to WiB, we're so happy to have you here. I hope that you find it a fun and happy place to be and that we will see you around in our lovely games!
28-08-2017 04:52 PM   
28-08-2017
06:28 PM
embers in the dark
Name: Heidi
Pronouns: she/her
Contributor
Welcome Dylan! PVRIS are my babies and I agree the new album is UGH PERFECT!

cause i'm feeling like a criminal and i need to be redeemed
28-08-2017 06:28 PM   
28-08-2017
06:43 PM
your eyes are blinded
Name: Amy
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
Royal Court
Welcome! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

And Game of Thrones! Can we talk about that finale???
when the lights are blinding
there lies the harvest of our love
burning in the dust
28-08-2017 06:43 PM   
29-08-2017
04:09 AM
Hereeee's Bewear!
Name: Krystal
Contributor
I'm echoing Mel here and congratulations on your sobriety!
Also welcome to this board, everyone here is so lovely and supportive of each either I know you'll love it here. If you can't tell I'm the resident big kid here who still loves Pokémon since it came to Australia. I'm also on the same boat with Netflix, I don't watch live tv much anymore if at all and also LOVE The Crown!

GET IN THE BAG NEBBY!
29-08-2017 04:09 AM   
31-08-2017
10:42 PM
Hey Dylan, welcome to the board! Hope to see you around and maybe even RP sometime.
31-08-2017 10:42 PM   
01-09-2017
08:28 PM
You're a Miracle
Name: Dylan
Contributor
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! The last couple days have been super hectic, but I'll be looking around the games a little more this weekend and decide where I wanna jump in first.

I've watched a little bit of Chicago Fire, Lindsey, but Chicago is PD is definitely my favorite of the Chicago series. I watched a few episodes of Chicago Med when it first came out but it didn't really hold my interest. I may try to jump back into it when the new season comes back though.

Hi Sandra! I remember you!

Thanks, Mel. It was incredibly hard, especially at first, but thankfully it's gotten so much easier. I'm in a completely different place now and it's incredible. The Game of Thrones series is so great. I literally binged the books from about March to June and read through all of them back to back. It was a ride, but I'm so glad I did it!

I totally agree Heidi, I am in looooove with the new album. I just love them, I still listen to their first album constantly.

I was a huge Pokemon fan growing up, Krystal. I still love the games, though I honestly haven't played any of the new ones. I sort of tapped out during the DS gen, but I'll always fond memories of them. I'm excited you love The Crown! I don't know anyone else who watches it, haha.
01-09-2017 08:28 PM