Winter in Bohemia Welcome The Front Lobby Hello everyone!

04-08-2018
08:14 AM
At the end of a pale afternoon
Name: Gaoka
Hello everyone! [Post #1]
Hi! My name is Gaoka. I've just joined, at the urging of good friends here, and I'm so looking forward to taking part in some reading and writing. I haven't been on any kind of message board in about 15 years so this is very new to me. I've done some RP before but not this format, so I'm really eager to get into things.

I'm Irish, from a little town not far from Dublin, but I currently live in Japan where I teach English. I love my job and I love travelling, and next year I'll be moving on somewhere else, still tbd. Happily my job allows me plenty of time to read and write, two of my favourite things.

I adore tennis, and I also love to get into TV shows. I tend to like fantasy and sci-fi shows (Game of Thrones, Star Trek: TNG, Supernatural, and many others), but in reading I prefer lit fic. So many favourite books, but they include: Provinces of Night by William Gay, The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernières, A Fragment of the Whole by Steve Toltz (what a brilliant writer), and many more. Anything by Gillian Flynn. Currently I'm reading A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, which I love. I'm also doing the Couch to 80k Writing Bootcamp which is brilliant and I recommend it highly.

Other than that, all I want to say is hello and thank you for having me on this board. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. :smile2:

One final note: I'd like to credit my avatar to Omerika. Beautiful photography.
04-08-2018 08:14 AM   
04-08-2018
08:23 AM
handsome royal heretic
Name: Sarah
Pronouns: she/her
Contributor
Royal Court
Irish and living in Japan? Both of these things are so cool! Love the avatar and it's exciting to have you!

I'm Sarah, one of the staff around these parts. Give a shout if you need anything!
04-08-2018 08:23 AM   
04-08-2018
08:28 AM
Thank you so much! I'm excited to be here. I look forward to getting stuck in!
04-08-2018 08:28 AM   
04-08-2018
09:52 AM
stargazer lillies
Name: Bonnie
Hullo! I'm Bonnie. Welcome to the board!

That Writing Bootcamp looks intriguing, maybe I'll give it a go! (Might help me get my motivation/inspiration back)
And I know it might sound silly
But stargazer lilies are hard to find
04-08-2018 09:52 AM   
04-08-2018
09:53 AM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Hi there! Welcome to our little corner of the world and I hope you make yourself at home. I’m Vicky one of our admin here so if you have any questions feel free to work.

We do seem to get a lot of people here who’ve taught abroad! So you’ll fit right in

04-08-2018 09:53 AM   
04-08-2018
11:53 AM
Just breathe.
Name: Daphne
Good afternoon and hello! Welcome to the forum I'm Daphne and I suck at plotting, but I don't bite so if you ever need someone to just complain to or talk to, feel free to get in touch!
04-08-2018 11:53 AM   
04-08-2018
01:29 PM
your eyes are blinded
Name: Amy
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
Royal Court
Welcome!!! I'm one of the mods here, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
when the lights are blinding
there lies the harvest of our love
burning in the dust
04-08-2018 01:29 PM   
06-08-2018
03:40 AM
Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! Such a lovely place. By the way, love the designs of the boards, too. Beautiful aesthetic.
06-08-2018 03:40 AM   
06-08-2018
06:19 AM
Into the Frost
Name: Rochelle
Contributor
Ahhhhhhh. I am so excited!!! I never expected you would actually say yes when I first came to you with the plot idea. I wonder how long it'll take for you to branch out with more characters and more plot partners. I love that this is your first board experience.
06-08-2018 06:19 AM   
06-08-2018
07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Static & Contraband

Ahhhhhhh. I am so excited!!! I never expected you would actually say yes when I first came to you with the plot idea. I wonder how long it'll take for you to branch out with more characters and more plot partners. I love that this is your first board experience.
Steady on! I need to get started here first!

But you know I love writing and RPing so we'll see lol
06-08-2018 07:58 AM