Winter in Bohemia Welcome Winter Telegrams Welcome to Winter in Bohemia!

08-06-2017
05:10 PM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Welcome to Winter in Bohemia! [Post #1]
We're Open For Business!!!
It's taken many months and a lot of frustrations and hard work but we are glad to say that we are finally open! Winter in Bohemia is the brain child of myself and Mel and pretty quickly we got Anna and Amy on board. I'll admit we sat on the idea for a really long time and it didn't go anywhere until we got Sarah here. I think that was the right mix of staff and suddenly everything exploded. Two months later and here we are ready for our soft open.

Just a little housekeeping before I carry on with this lengthy post. If everyone can read the rules so that you know the dos and donts of the place. Our motto is don't be a dick which is something for us all to live by. If you decide that you wish to donate then please have a little read of this thread to know what the different options are as well

We know there are some errors and it may be a little rough around the edges (yes we are fully aware that when you go to edit your avatar error code is at the top of the page, honestly been spending a month trying to figure that one out ) but actually that is some of the charm of us. We're not trying to be too fancy, we just want a happy little community where we all love to write and create new characters.

We're trying to be a little bit different here and really focus on character development. Rather than having a lot of different characters where you can only post them in one or two threads we really want to encourage you posting where you can and when you want. For that reason we're limiting the number of characters to ten per game or fifteen if you contribute to buy extra slots. This is not a fixed rule of course, as our community grows we will review our rules to do whats best for us as a whole.

Today as you know is our soft open so we're starting with three games. Siempre Vida Barcelona is our freeform supernatural game where the supernatural community is now exposed to the mortals! Duibhlinn is our little attempt at injecting some Irish love into our lives and City of Blinding Lights is New York at its best with everyone trying to find those bright lights. Yes it's only three games but there are more on the way, maybe in a week, maybe in a month but that's a secret we wont share just yet. If you decide you want to become a contributer there may be something waiting on the other side for you as well...

All we really want is for everyone to have a fun stress free environment where you can enjoy writing. We really hope you like what we've created and we would love for your feedback and suggestions as well. We're very excited for our book club as well so make sure you check that out each month too. But from all the staff at Winter in Bohemia we want to welcome you and hope you have a lovely time here! Feel free to post below because I'm sure we're all going to with our excitement Friday night!

08-06-2017 05:10 PM