12-07-2021
04:58 PM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Pronouns: She/Her
Contributor
High Lady
Phase Four is powering on.
I don't know if you've been noticing all the amazing work in Marvel Phase four so far. If you are check out these new schemes!

Loki
Black Widow

12-07-2021 04:58 PM   
05-08-2021
02:18 PM
happy sighs
Name: anna evans
Pronouns: she/her
Contributor
Royal Court
Believe in BELIEVE
We hope you've been watching and enjoying Ted Lasso as much as us staff members have been, because we've got a new scheme for you!

05-08-2021 02:18 PM   
19-09-2021
01:06 PM
Staff Account
Name: Penelope Anne
Pronouns: Kitty/Cat
RPG Manager
May I please ask...
What your preferred pronouns are? We've set all of our schemes up so that your preferred pronouns can show up on your posts. You can edit this preference in your profile. If you don't wish to share that is of course okay but I know for many of our members it's a celebration to be able to share this. We will also be editing all of the bio profiles to add this section for in game play.

The schemes have had a slight tidy up to reflect this change too so they are neater to look at. Enjoy!
19-09-2021 01:06 PM   
25-10-2021
01:34 PM
happy sighs
Name: anna evans
Contributor
Royal Court
Phase 4 just keeps on giving
Marvel isn't holding back with the awesomeness that Phase 4 holds and that includes a bunch of new movies coming out over the next few months and into next year. So to get you hyped for what's coming, we've got THREE new schemes for you.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (In cinemas now)
Eternals (Releasing November 5th)
Hawkeye (Starting November 24th)
25-10-2021 01:34 PM   
30-10-2021
05:44 PM
your eyes are blinded
Name: Amy
Contributor
Royal Court
Another Extension of WIB
Just a reminder that WiB has it's own Discord server. It's a nice extension to the board itself, and a handy place to keep up with the family when you're on the go.

We've made some updates to the server to include more plotting channels, so have fun!
when the lights are blinding
there lies the harvest of our love
burning in the dust
30-10-2021 05:44 PM   
23-12-2021
12:16 AM
Smooth Operator
Name: Vicky
Contributor
High Lady
The multiverse is coming
This years MCU might now be at an end but we can look forward to all the madness that is coming in 2022! From all the staff at WiB enjoy our Christmas present to you all.

Doctor Strange

23-12-2021 12:16 AM   
20-01-2022
10:57 PM
handsome royal heretic
Name: Sarah
Contributor
Royal Court
Upcoming Spring Cleaning
The last couple of years have been many different kinds of challenging from all of us, and because of that, the staff at WiB paused our character retirement processes in January 2021 to make life a little easier.

We've decided it's time for a bit of a refresher for 2022 however, and as such, we will soon be doing some spring cleaning of character lists. Any characters who have not been posted since 1 January 2021 will be getting retired.

But don't panic! This isn't happening immediately. You have until 31 March 2022 to assess your character lists and get your affairs in order. For some characters, this may mean they need posts or plots. For others, maybe it's a case of having more characters than time in your life to handle them, characters you no longer need, or characters who quite rudely won't talk to you any more and need some time out. Take the time to figure out what you need to do to be able to maximise the quality of stories you get to tell.

If you decide there are some you'd like to retire, by all means hit that 'Retire' button ahead of time. If you need scene partners or plot partners, hit up the relevant plotting threads on the board or on Discord, and team up to get some action going. Let's get some exciting stories going for 2022!
20-01-2022 10:57 PM   
01-06-2022
12:37 AM
I said, you look great, baby!
Name: Todd
Pronouns: he/him
Contributor
Royal Court
AI Lists? I Don’t Know Her
Have you ever wondered what it would be like for two people to look a lot alike and it be a total coincidence? Have you ever been told you have a doppelganger somewhere? Are you unconvinced that Katy Perry isn’t a character Zooey Deschanel has been playing for years? Well, this might be good news for you.

We’re doing away with AI lists. Before you ask us if we have gone a bit bananas, there’s a reason for this. AI lists are a specific type of maintenance that we hold ourselves to with the seemingly righteous mission of avoiding lookalikes. However, even in real life, people who never meet might look alike. AI claims can also be a huge hindrance to being comfortable with letting go of or claiming a new character solely because that person belongs to someone else or that person is already taken.

What we hope to achieve with this is a bit more comfort in communicating with others who you’re claiming for a character, but also, allowing you to let your concepts come to life however you see fit. So feel free to bring back that legacy character that happens to look like that other character! Open your mind to the possibilities. But, just so you're aware, if we get submissions for five Chris Hemsworth characters in the same game, we’re probably still going to notice and have questions. Unless they're for a quintuplets plot. If that's the case, crack on.

We're trusting you all to talk with each other like adults and try to account for existing characters. If you think your concept may be similar to someone else's or aren't sure, drop your idea into a plotting thread or into the Discord. We would say that we expect everyone to be respectful and courteous to see that conversation through, but we know you all will be kind to one another and discuss when an overlap occurs. With that in mind, we will monitor to see if this policy needs to be revisited and we're always open to hearing from you all for feedback.
01-06-2022 12:37 AM   
16-07-2022
01:48 PM
your eyes are blinded
Contributor
Royal Court
Scheme Week!
Starting tomorrow, we’re going to be dropping a new scheme every day from Sunday to Saturday! Each day, we'll post a hint for the next day, so feel free to share your guesses here, or on our Discord server!

Hint for day one:
“Are you in a band?”

burning in the dust
16-07-2022 01:48 PM   
17-07-2022
12:21 PM
your eyes are blinded
Contributor
Royal Court
Scheme Week: Day One
Yes, scheme number one features our favorite web-slinger, made by Anna!

Spiderman: No Way Home

Hint for day two:
“Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be the death of me?”

burning in the dust
17-07-2022 12:21 PM